Friday, March 4, 2016

Laughter is the Best Medicine



I don't why, but I always find myself laughing like a Lunatic Circus Clown to other's misfortunes...  Stupid things like when someone bumps their head, walks into a wall or trips unexpectedly.  It's not what happens that I'm laughing at, it's their reaction as they have to look around in hopes they weren't seen performing their uncontrollable display.

This evening I'm walking to my truck across the parking lot and see a Guy sailing across the ice with feet flying crazily in an upward motion making himself completely airborne.  Shopping bags flung in all directions as he is laying flat on his back on the wet, icy asphalt.  Of course my first reaction is to help him up and make sure he's alright.  This Gentleman...  Or let me just say Guy didn't want any help getting up as he was being stubborn and belligerent, refusing any assistance at all.  I think because he knew I saw what happened. Every time I tried to hold his arm and try to assist, the more angrier he got as he bluntly told me that he's fine and didn't need my help.  So I just stood there quietly until he was up and stable enough to walk on his own.

Though his act of going down for the count wasn't funny, his reaction was hilarious!  I walked slowly to my truck fighting ever so desperately not to crack...  But once I was in my truck and shut the door, I bursted out cracking up like a Mad Man.  If anyone would have seen me, they would have classified me as one.

Please tell me, I can't be the only one who laughs at these unexpected misfortunes of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment