Friday, May 13, 2016

Paraskevidekatriaphobia ~ Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th


Triskaidekaphobia:
The Fear of the Number Thirteen

Paraskevidekatriaphobia:
Friday the Thirteenth

A superstition revolving around a number falling on a specific day of the week, Friday. Why do those fret when this day comes?  Is it because there were thirteen individuals present at the Last Supper for Jesus and Good Friday the day he was crucified?

Why does the number thirteen have such a bad rap?  They're are no records shown how the number thirteen has been unlucky, evil or simply bad.  Inevitably bad things will happen on Friday the Thirteenth...  As well as bad things will happen Thursday the 12th and Saturday the 14th.

But for a moment, why not think about the good things that happen on Friday the Thirteenth...  For one thing, I met my Wife on this day.  I also got hired for a job. Though I still no longer work for that company, I'm still today with my Wife knowing her well over thirty years.

So my Friends, don't fret when a number and a day meet up, just go about your business as you would any other day.  Because you never know, something good just might happen! 



No comments:

Post a Comment