Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hang or Not to Hang Rosary Beads


A question I have pondered arose when seeing a car with Rosary Beads hanging from the rear view mirror.

Why are they hanging the Rosary Beads? To show Religion... Ethnicity... Witness... Or possibly just for the sheer looks and enjoyment of a Crucifix hanging. I personally don't have anything hanging from my mirror though I do enjoy the look of when I see it on other vehicles.

In New jersey it is illegal to hang anything from the rear view mirror. However, it really isn't enforced. But be warned, it will cost you from passing vehicle inspection if whatever you have is still hanging on your mirror at the time.

So my question is, If it's illegal to have anything including a Religious symbol hanging from your rear view mirror, does this make it a sin? Makes you think, doesn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment