Friday, October 9, 2015

How I Spend My Time Off!


Whenever I take a week off from work, everyone asks: "Where are you going?!" as if I'm going to spend it on an exotic island in the sweltering sun with my toes in the sand.

I'll respond "Nowhere!" and get "You mean you're not going anywhere?!" Yes, it's a sin to not leave the country boarding a plane or ship to escape the harsh cruel grind of everyday life. I usually respond: "I'm getting lost not having any particular destination…" Now I get the tilted head with squinty eyes looking at me not quite comprehending what was just said. Then I leave them thinking… BTW,  Why do people squint when they don't understand? Does it help them understand it better? Never worked for me.

So while everyone is indulging themselves in the sun getting Sun Poisoning and swimming in the Fish's Toilet cooling off so their skin doesn't blister… I'm slinking along in dilapidated places trying to step lightly so I don't fall through the floor and fall landing with a broken back. And if I really want to unwind… I take a leisurely stroll through a Cemetery! THAT"s how I RELAX.


Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment