Sunday, October 2, 2016

Empty Church on Sunday



Sunday morning and the Church Pews are empty

I always said that you don't have to enter the House of the Lord to pray.  God is in my home and where ever I go, he is always there with me.  That was my ideal answer or possibly excuse for not attending church regularly on Sunday.  But, if you do go to church regularly on Sunday, you might have noticed the pews are not as filled as they were in the past.

The Millennial Generation thinks differently as their Parents, as we think differently as our Parents do.  I'm not claiming this is a bad thing, it's progress through the ages that is forever changing.  However, as time rolls on through Generations, it is now thought that Church is irrelevant, seeing the Leaders filled with hypocrisy.  We all have seen and cannot ignore the moral failure of many Leaders.

God is missing in the church.  I know God would disagree with me on this.  Yet, I feel all would be forgiven if God knew I experience him through my own Sanctuary called Home.  Today, I simply don't receive the impact of God being in church as I did when I was a child.

I sometimes learn nothing about God when attending church.  I could sit there for over 45 minutes only to walk our completely confused and unclear what the Sermon was about.  Yes, I'm a little slower than most, but this is a huge deterrent for me.  I need to understand and have my short attention span continuously stimulated in order for me to return.

Where's the Community?  Try as I might through Volunteering, Clubs and Organizations I have joined thinking that I would find a community.  It has never happened.  Church seems to be one's last resort to find community only to be disappointed.  We also have to take in account that lack of community is partly due to where I live.  A state which is considered a revolving door with resident relocating on an average of every three to four years.  Even the house down the street from me is up for sale again for the sixth time since the year 2000.

So, if you don't see me sitting next to you in Church on Sunday, it doesn't mean that I don't have the faith.  It simply means that I chose to practice my faith in a manner that might not be suitable to others which doesn't make it wrong.  God is always with me and forever in my heart.

God Bless You All!





No comments:

Post a Comment