Sunday, December 18, 2016

Ghost Train



The morning rain gently falls upon the Autumn leaves and the pitter-patter sound of the delicate drops emanates along the westbound tracks leading no where.  The heavy grey clouds block the rising sun, stifling the bright colors Mother Nature provides and an abandoned train car sits motionless on an otherwise out of operation railroad.

I walk along these lonely tracks that echo the sounds of colossal Locomotives of the past.  Ghost Trains loom before me as I imagine two hundred tons of steel forcefully Barrel-Assing by with a rumble so defining that it shakes the Earth.

The smell of rotting wet leaves and coal burning infuses the air, ventilating through my nostrils, filling my lungs.  I gasp and cough briefly before exhaling the fumes as it all dissipates into thin air.  In a blink of an eye, the Ghost train vanishes without a trace leaving only a memory of how great it once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment