Thursday, August 18, 2016

Cupid Angel



I am not one to violate the law and cross the line to get somewhere I'm not supposed to...  Wait, I just lied for I'm always crossing the line to get somewhere I shouldn't be trespassing.   To capture this beauty was no exception.

I was touring a famous historical castle and noticed in one of the rooms that was roped off a painting on the ceiling with a chandelier obstructing the view.  I walked along the roped off area trying to see exactly what it was to no avail.

I looked to my left, I looked to my right and I looked behind me to see if the coast was clear.  Very Stealth like I hopped over the red velvet ropes as I slinked about ten paces to get to where I wanted to be.  I looked up and aimed the camera to photograph a beautifully hand painted Cupid Angel as my Wife was yelling at me in a whispering voice so not to draw attention.

The rest of the ceiling was painted over except for this wonderful Cupid Angel that has been on display since the castle was constructed in 1892.  Though I don't promote this trespassing and going places your not allowed...  It was certainly worth the risk to capture this beautiful piece of art and share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment